Wednesday, September 21, 2011

if you think this Is over then you're wrong.

So today we went to the Teylers Museum in Haarlem with my Art & the Subject class. We have been talking about the subject of art and the coming into existence of the interest in art and museums. The Teylers Museum is the oldest museum in the Netherlands and arrangement of the museum is similar to what it was when it opened in 1784.

I had been there before with Peter, and did not really like it, but today we looked at from another persepective and it was actually a very succesful visit. It did help that I was accompanied by my two favorite boys, Robert and Riley, and our highlight was that we were allowed into the old, old library that is actually closed to the public.
During the tour I took some pictures for you to enjoy (never mind the quality, I took them with my phone). Explanations and descriptions below the series.








1. Roof of the oval room. This was the first room of the museum built. Later it expended towards what is now the entrance (which was built in the late 19th century).
2 - 5. On the first floor of the oval room was a door to the library, that Robert, Riley and I baptised the "EPIC library" (and we don't use epic often). It included fancy furniture and age old books. AMAZING atmosphere. Our tour guide told us that famous movies were recorded here.
6. Fagbreak at the entrance of the museum. Ma boyzzz!
7. Exploring the museum shop.
8. After our guided tour, we were allowed to run around freely and then we had a drink in the café with our dinosaur buddies, to discuss some texts we were supposed to read (but nobody did..). My double espresso was great, though!


We made our way to Amsterdam. Riley, Robert and I had dinner and watched Jack the Ripper, shared some laughs and they are now recording their demo in the studio. I was asked to join, but I was way too tired and too lazy to cycle for 5 minutes to the studio. So here I am. Writing.

Tomorrow is the second Dies Natalis of my university, so everybody is suiting up and we are offered free booze. Unlimited. I will wear high heels, so that is going to be fun. Well, it went OK last year, so I ain't scared, yo.

Anyway; off to do bigger things.
In my sleep.

X.