Friday, September 11, 2009

the world is drinking from a cup that No One wants to share.

Today I heard that song 'New York Minute' already twice.
It's annoying and cliché.
But it's righteous, nontheless.. 9/11 is an aweful moment in the world's history and somehow it intrigues me. It's so interesting. I've seen about 2 or 3 documentaries about it now.

Wednesday was '102 minutes that changed America' on the telly. As a documentary it is not very good at all. It doesn't tell or shows us anything new, it doesn't add value to the things we already know or expect like 'Loose Change'* does.
But it's a good piece of film that registrates very well what was happening in New York during 'THE' 102 minutes that changed America [from the first plane crashing into the North Tower to the collapsing of the Nouth Tower, which was first to get destroyed, but collapsed last].
I had never seen all the dust that the collapses caused and that was really new to me. That the streets looked like this:


And the people like this:

But what else should I have expected with clouds of dust and destruction like these:

It sure must have been crazy and terrifying..

And now, without any shame, I'm going to show even more pictures of 9/11. I think the pictures are absolutely gorgeous in itself (!) and very thrilling.

Don't get me wrong, I think the attacks are a very dark thing that happened. But this is just my way to commemorate it.
Thank you very much.


Llov&Peace on earth.
I cannot say it enough today.
XxCheers!

*Loose Change is a very left-winged, anti-Bush documentary that suggests that the government under Bush invented and executed the 4 hijacks and plane crashes and therefore is responsible for the death of 2974 innocent people.

Blog Archive