Thursday, June 25, 2009

extremely loud and incredibly close.

I finally finished reading this novel [Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer]. It's a great book. Very weird and mysterious, but at the same time fragile and Foer really knew how to create sympathy and pity for little Oskar Schell who lost his father at 9/11.


A teacher [mr. De Zwaan/Swan] recomended the book in the 2nd or 3rd grade, but it was not until the end of the 6th grade [now] that I was able/had the time to read it.
Mr. De Zwaan always had great day openings, which were varying from novels to poetry and from classical music to the Beatles. It was in one of his day openings that he told about Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close and for 3 or 4 years, every time I saw it in book shops or where ever, I thought: 'I still have to read it. Mr. De Zwaan said it was good..' And in the end, he was right!


I am really greatful for teachers like mr. De Zwaan, who are teaching you valuable lessons outside their 'teaching box'. I am really going to miss some of them because of that exact reason..
I'm an emotional pussy, I am acqainted with that.


Now it's time to read the sequel of EL&IC or start in The Complete Works of William Shakespeare..

Llov&Peace on earth.
+
XxCheers!