I finally finished reading this novel [Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer]. It's a great book. Very weird and mysterious, but at the same time fragile and Foer really knew how to create sympathy and pity for little Oskar Schell who lost his father at 9/11.
A teacher [mr. De Zwaan/Swan] recomended the book in the 2nd or 3rd grade, but it was not until the end of the 6th grade [now] that I was able/had the time to read it.
Mr. De Zwaan always had great day openings, which were varying from novels to poetry and from classical music to the Beatles. It was in one of his day openings that he told about Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close and for 3 or 4 years, every time I saw it in book shops or where ever, I thought: 'I still have to read it. Mr. De Zwaan said it was good..' And in the end, he was right!
I am really greatful for teachers like mr. De Zwaan, who are teaching you valuable lessons outside their 'teaching box'. I am really going to miss some of them because of that exact reason..
I'm an emotional pussy, I am acqainted with that.
Now it's time to read the sequel of EL&IC or start in The Complete Works of William Shakespeare..
Llov&Peace on earth.
- ► 2011 (52)
- ► 2010 (112)
- tomorrow, Tomorrow. i Love you tomorrow.
- it's coming Up.
- extremely loud and incredibly close.
- look what the Cat dragged in.
- don't try and give Me them blues.
- it's like forgetting The Words to your favorite so...
- GOOD MORNING WORLD!
- wop wop Wop.
- party like It's 1999
- if you Lose your head...
- Doch irgendwann werd ich vom Glück verfolgt.
- sing me To sleep.
- a Cautionary tale for you.
- i Can't can't can't wait, 'Till U see, see, See.
- little mosquito on the wall, Pity for you i Found ...
- what did you do There? i got High.
- We are Sailing.
- good Weekend.
- ▼ June (18)